Every year it costs between 45 and 50 thousand pound to run The Seahorse Trust but look what we do with that.
- We advise and lobby for Marine Conservation Zones; Studland is now a proposed marine Conservation Zone because of you and with your help it will become fully protected in 2015
- We study seahorses in the wild to understand them more so we can help protect them, our work has changed our understanding of seahorses, their behaviour and migration patterns around the world
- We have advanced the science of seahorses both in the wild and in captivity through partnership with others
- We monitor the curio trade to help stop this horrendous trade (we recently stopped a shop selling 10,000 dead seahorses here in England and we hope they will be prosecuted!!)
- We have volunteers watching online shopping sites to stop the trade in dead seahorses, already they have stopped the sale of many hundreds of seahorses
- We work in partnership with so many organisations around the world to preserve and conserve the natural environment, from the UK to Spain, Malta to Cambodia and Australia to the Philippines
- We help school children understand the world around us; the new conservationists of the future who will be our next ambassadors
- We assist graduates in their projects, they go on and make a big difference to the world
- We work with and advise governments around the world on how to protect their seahorses
- We set up seahorses surveys around the world with partners to gain more knowledge on this amazing species
- We share ideas and knowledge with our partners for the good of seahorses and the environment
- We advise on captive breeding projects to help preserve the seahorses for future generations by securing populations in captivity and learning how to breed them for eventual release if the populations decline
- We talk with the general public on how they can make difference and people power does change things, you have proven that with Studland
Well as you can see the list is endless and this is just small snapshot of what we do and we can do more, so much more with your help.
So please use the power of the pound to make a big difference to the natural world, especially seahorses and the marine environment.
What is the value of a pound, a third of a cup of coffee, a bar of chocolate, a packet of crisps or a tool to change the world !!
Please set up a yearly (or monthly) standing order for one pound (or more) to The Seahorse Trust Bank details on the website; make your pound make a big difference to the future of the natural world.
Send this appeal to everyone you know and ask them to do the same, please make this fund raising appeal go viral; a pound will make a big difference it will literally change the world