As with all charities, donations are vital to our work. Now there is another way you start donating to The Seahorse Trust – for the price of a cuppa! Ko-fi allows people to donate via their website the price of a cup of coffee (£3). You can buy as many cups of coffee as you like, and the donations all go towards funding our vital work to save the world’s seahorses. Here is just some of the work we have been able to do with your kind donations:
– advise projects all around the world, including 7 governments, organisations and individuals on all aspects of seahorse education and conservation (our two key functions)
– We have volunteers in over 30 different countries looking for seahorses for us in seahorse surveys in the sea and for the various trades such as the curio and medicine trades; only by gathering this information can we have a greater understanding of seahorses in the wild and as they are used for the various trades that are sending them towards extinction.
– This year we are hoping to start a project in April/May in Jordan to assist the Jordanian government on seahorse surveys, education and captive breeding of their native seahorses for release back into the wild. The is a tri-country project which includes Jordan, Ireland and ourselves but set up and organised by us.
– One of our main projects is the World Seahorse Survey and we started this back in 1994 and is now the longest running continuous survey of its kind in the world. The information form this survey is used for the conservation and education about seahorses throughout the world.
– The other main project is about the illegal trade in seahorses and other marine life and we hope to get these horrendous trades banned entirely.
If you would like to donate, please click on the link below and thank you very much for your generosity.